UNIVERSITY OF LAHORE
POST GRADUATE INSTITUTE OF LAW
By: NABEEL RAFAQAT
RESEARCH METHODOLOGY ASSIGNMENT
- PLAGIARISM OR HIRING OF GHOST WRITER(S) FOR SOLVING THE ASSIGNMENT(S) WILL DEBAR THE STUDENT FROM AWARD
- SUBMITTING ASSIGNMENTS BORROWED OR STOLEN FROM OTHER(S) AS ONE’S OWN WILL BE PENALIZED
The assignment will be based on a compilation of various concepts related to Research Methodology. This will be based on 9 questions. Insert diagrams and graphs where required.
- Critically examine the process of quantitative and qualitative research indicating the major points of difference between the two.
- Define the term “hypothesis”. What does it suggest? Illustrate your answer with examples
- Identify and discuss the basic stages of legal research. Discuss in detail.
- Highlight and discuss the factors affecting selection of a legal research problem.
- Discuss the personal documents as a source of data. How far can they be used as a basis for generalization?
- What do you understand by the term Research Design? What steps do we need to follow while preparing the research design? Write down its types.
- Identify the main characteristics of the informal interview. How far is it different from of other types of interviews? What is the significance of informal interview in legal research?
- What is the Legal Research? Write down its different types. Also elaborate its resources.
- What do you understand by the terms “Doctrinal Legal research & Non-Doctrinal Legal research”? Write down the difference between two.
- This assignment should consist of the words between 4500-5500.
- It should be presented in hard copy with binding, having its cover page.
- A-4 paper should be used.
- Use the reverences, if needed.
- Last Submission date is 25-09-2019.
- Extra-marks will be given to the good assignments and it depends upon the presentation.
Remember that: Last date of submission will not be extended further.