RESEARCH METHODOLOGY IS COMPULSORY SUBJECT IN FIRST SEMESTER.
|The University Of Lahore
| Post Graduate Institute Of Law
|Contact: 0306-4261316, 0300-5528049, 042-35831476-77
|Weekly Schedule Of Lectures Semester Fall 2020
Mr. Nabeel Rafaqat (Research Methodology)
||Dr. Jamil Ahmad Shahzad (Law of Evidence)
|| Mian Ali Haider (Criminology)
Mr. Waqar Saeed Khan (Constitution of Pakistan)
Mr. Hamza Hamayoun (Research Methodology)
||Mian Ali Haider (Constitution of Pakistan)
Ms.Rashda Abbas (Alternate Dispute Resolution)
Mr. Hamza Hamayoun (Law of Taxation)
Mr. Nabeel Rafaqat (Administrative law)
Barrister Amir Zafar Khan (Corporate Law)
||Dr. Jamil Ahmad Shahzad (Comparative Study of Islamic & Western Jurisprudence)
Mr. Saqib Haroon (Intellectual Property Laws)
Mian Ali Haider (Law of Evidence)
Barrister Amir Zafar Khan (Environmental Law)
|| Dr. Jamil Ahmad Shahzad (Islamic Laws)
Dr Rao Raza Hashim (Criminology)
Mr. Hamza Hamayoun (Banking Laws)
Ms. Khush Bakht (Business Law)
|| Mian Muhammad Yaqoob (Alternate Dispute Resolution)
Mian Ali Haider (Criminology)
Ms. Ruqiya Ambreen (Environmental Law)
UNIVERSITY OF LAHORE
POST GRADUATE INSTITUTE OF LAW
By: NABEEL RAFAQAT
RESEARCH METHODOLOGY ASSIGNMENT
- PLAGIARISM OR HIRING OF GHOST WRITER(S) FOR SOLVING THE ASSIGNMENT(S) WILL DEBAR THE STUDENT FROM AWARD
- SUBMITTING ASSIGNMENTS BORROWED OR STOLEN FROM OTHER(S) AS ONE’S OWN WILL BE PENALIZED
- IT IS COMPULSORY TO PASS THE PRACTICLE TASK WHICH IS GIVEN BELOW. THE STUDENTS, WHO COULDN’T PASS THIS VERY TASK, WILL NOT BE QUALIFIED.
The assignment will be based on a compilation of various concepts related to Research Methodology. This will be based on 6 Chapters and one practical task. Use the references in footnotes and Insert diagrams/graphs where needed.
Chapter 1: Types of Research:
- What are the different types of research? Explain the written below in details.
- Fundamental or basic research
- Applied research
- Normal and revolutionary Researches
- Quantitative and qualitative
- Other types
- Difference between research methods and research methodology?
- Significance of knowing and research methodology
- Objectives of research?
Chapter 2: Basic steps for a good research:
- What are the basic steps for a good research?
- Write do you understand by;
- Literature review? Its role in a good research?
- Hypothesis? Its role in a good research?
Chapter 3: Data Collection:
- What modes you can adopt to collect the Data? Explain all the modes with examples.
Chapter 4: Research Design:
- What do you understand by the term research design? Its meaning, definition
- Parts of research design?
- Major steps to be followed in preparation of a research design?
- Different types of research design
- Its importance?
Chapter 5: Sampling Techniques:
- What do you understand by the term sampling technique?
- Explain these terms with examples;
- Sampling error?
- Role of assumption?
- What factors should be kept in mind while drawing a sample?
- Types of sampling techniques and their advantages/dis-advantages
Chapter 6: Legal Research:
- Meaning of term legal research and its resources?
- Explain these sources of the legal research by quoting the practical examples.
- Primary, Secondary & Evidential
- Types of legal research?
- Major steps in legal research
- Current trends in legal research, explain.
- Prepare a random “research question” (Topic of your own choice)
- Prepare a thesis statement. (Words Limit 800 words & Topic of your own choice)
- This assignment should consist of the words between 5500-6000.
- It should be presented in hard copy with binding, having its cover page.
- A-4 paper should be used.
- Last Submission date is 30-03-2020.
- Extra-marks will be given to the good assignments and it depends upon the presentation.
Remember that: Last date of submission will not be extended further.